Stocks Rise on Jobs Report (NYT, SBUX)
Official estimates put job creation at around 277,000 in February, even higher than ADP had estimated earlier in the week, and investors responded positively in the markets. In corporate news, the New York Times (NYT) disclosed its executive pay, including a $23.7 million package to departing CEO Janet Robinson. Starbucks (SBUX) will soon begin to sell single-cup coffee machines to consumers.
Word on the Street
- The government confirmed ADP's estimate earlier this week that job creation grew in February.
- The Greek debt deal might trigger $3 billion in credit default swaps.
- Gas prices of have tailed off.
- The New York Times (NYT) has disclosed what its executives make.
- Starbucks (SBUX) is going to begin to sell coffee machines.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac executive pay has been capped at $500,000.
Published on Mar 9, 2012By InvestorGuide Staff