Stocks Flat on Bernanke's Statement (AAPL, GE)
PUBLISHED ON: Mar 14, 2012
Major indices remained virtually unchanged today, as pessimistic statements from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke tempered investor sentiment. Apple (AAPL) continues its phenomenal rally. Between its record earnings report for the previous quarter and its announcement of the latest generation of the iPad, the tech company has seen its stock value grow by a staggering 45 percent this year so far. General Electric (GE) is pushing for US regulators to allow Cheniere Energy Inc.(LNG) to move forward with a $10 billion natural-gas export project in Louisiana.
Word on the Street
- Federal Reserve Chairman commented on the weak state of the economy today.
- The dollar continues to make gains against the euro and the yen.
- Southern California February home sales were at a 5 year high for the month.
- After Saudi Arabian authorities pledged to increase oil supply, prices declined.
- Apple's (AAPL) stock continued its dramatic upward surge today.
- General Electric (GE) is pushing regulators to allow Cheniere Energy's (LNG) large scale natural-gas export project.