Major indices were mixed, but leaning towards slightly down, today. Investors were responding to new data from the National Association of Realtors indicating that US home sales fell by 0.9 percent in February, though previous estimates were revised upwards to make the overall picture seem not as bad. Starbucks (SBUX) announced that it will be getting into the energy drink business, and it will create about 150 manufacturing jobs. After spinning off its grocery store unit, Kraft (KFT) will be rebranding the remaining snacks unit as Mondelez.
Recent Commentary and Articles
- “Beige Book” Forecasts a Growing Economy; Low Risk of Inflation Over 2%
- Twitter (TWTR) Up on Acquisition of Longtime Partner
- Should Big Banks Hold on to More Money?; CPI Rose 0.2% in March
- How Do We Measure GDP?
- Google (GOOG) Acquires Drone Maker Titan Aerospace
- Citigroup Beats Earnings Estimates; Google Purchases Drone Company
- Facebook (FB) to Launch Financial Services