Major indices were mixed, but leaning towards slightly down, today. Investors were responding to new data from the National Association of Realtors indicating that US home sales fell by 0.9 percent in February, though previous estimates were revised upwards to make the overall picture seem not as bad. Starbucks (SBUX) announced that it will be getting into the energy drink business, and it will create about 150 manufacturing jobs. After spinning off its grocery store unit, Kraft (KFT) will be rebranding the remaining snacks unit as Mondelez.
Recent Commentary and Articles
- The Return of the Strong Dollar Market
- eLong (LONG) Majority Stake Sold by Expedia
- Is $60 Going to Be a Floor or Ceiling for Oil This Summer?
- Banks Fined $5.7 Billion Over Fraud and Abuse
- Fed Delays Rate Hike According to New Report
- American Apparel (APP) Sues Its Former CEO
- Best Buy (BBY) Stock Gains After 1Q Earnings Top Estimates