Major indices were mixed, but leaning towards slightly down, today. Investors were responding to new data from the National Association of Realtors indicating that US home sales fell by 0.9 percent in February, though previous estimates were revised upwards to make the overall picture seem not as bad. Starbucks (SBUX) announced that it will be getting into the energy drink business, and it will create about 150 manufacturing jobs. After spinning off its grocery store unit, Kraft (KFT) will be rebranding the remaining snacks unit as Mondelez.
Recent Commentary and Articles
- GameStop (GME) Stock Soars on Second Quarter Results
- The Demise of Sears Continues; S&P 500 Closes Above 1,992
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) Reports 2Q Earnings, Family Dollar Rejects Dollar General Bid
- When Will the Fed Raise Short-Term Interest Rates?
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP) Soars on Acquisition Offer
- Apple’s Stock Hits All-Time High; Aeropostale’s Shares Up 20% on CEO Announcement
- BHP Billiton (BBL) Shares Pressured by Demerger