Indices Bounce Back Slightly But End Down for the Week (NKE, MWW)
Markets bounced slightly today but were generally sporadic on the news that US new home sales were down in February, and ended the week down. New home sales fell for the second month in a row, by 1.6 percent month over month. Nike (NKE) is up today after a strong quarter where earnings rose by 7 percent. Monster Worldwide (MWW) has made it clear they are open to a buyer, either in whole or in part.
Word on the Street
- Investor anxiety persisted as stocks were up slightly from yesterday but still down for the week.
- Greece is extending its bond swap offer through the beginning of April.
- Nike (NKE) is looking valuable after a stronger than expected quarter.
- The CEO of Monster (MWW) stated that he would be open to selling all or part of the company.
- Jim Young Kim has been picked by the Obama Administration as the next to lead the World Bank.
- US new home sales fell in February.
Published on Mar 23, 2012By InvestorGuide Staff