Stocks Up on Positive Data (RIMM, F)
Stocks bounced today, ending a streak of losses this week. Part of what brought this about was a jump in consumer confidence, which this month reached its highest levels since 2007. In corporate news, after a brutal quarter talk of Research in Motion's (RIMM) eventual sale began circulating the financial and tech press. As one of the few American auto companies that weathered the recession without a bailout, Ford (F) rewarded its CEO with almost $30 million in compensation last year.
Word on the Street
- Consumer sentiment is at its highest in years.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has a new director.
- Rim (RIMM) may be headed towards eventually selling the company.
- European authorities agreed to a massive euro bailout fund today.
- Ford's (F) CEO made tens of millions in 2011.
- New nuclear reactors have been approved in South Carolina.
Published on Mar 30, 2012By InvestorGuide Staff