Earnings Bring Stocks Slightly Up (GE, NFLX)
Markets were mixed but for the most part slightly up today, as the week's corporate earnings calls outweighed less than inspiring economic data. General Electric (GE) saw a 1 percent increase in its operating earnings, though general revenue was down by 8 percent year over year. Netflix (NFLX) has seen improvement since it hit bottom last year after a series of unpopular flip-flops by its management, but still hasn't returned to anywhere close to its previous peak.
Word on the Street
- Good corporate earnings brought stocks slightly up today.
- GE (GE) had a solid Q1, in spite of a dip in revenue.
- Netflix (NFLX) is still recovering from last year's collapse.
- Energy prices are negatively affecting growth in rural areas.
- The IMF now has an additional $430 billion in pledges.
- Fewer states had job gains in March than they did in February.
Published on Apr 20, 2012By InvestorGuide Staff