Markets Down for Second Day on Europe Uncertainty (CSCO, BAC)
PUBLISHED ON: May 9, 2012
The continuing uncertainty over the next coalition government in Greece brought markets down for the second day in a row. In corporate news, Cisco (CSCO) saw their profits rise by 20 percent year over year in Q3. Bank of America (BAC) had its shareholders' meeting in Charlotte today, which was marked by protests.
Word on the Street
- Stocks were down for the day on continuing problems in Europe.
- Housing prices are stabilizing.
- Cisco (CSCO) saw a strong Q3 in terms of profit growth.
- Bank of America's (BAC) meeting today was met with protesters.
- A Greek parliamentary coalition has yet to form.
- The Chinese banks are moving into the US.
Posted in ...Daily Market Commentary