US markets ended the day ahead as investors continued their optimism based on recent stronger than expected earnings reports. German Chancellor Merkel also pledged to back the ECB’s bond buying plan, which helped to lessen fears over Europe’s economic situation. Trading and financial services firm Knight Capital got a $400 million rescue for its trading error in exchange for giving a consortium of investors a 70% stake. The NYSE and SEC were in talks to settle allegations that the exchange violated rules intended to promote fair competition
Stocks Marginally Higher as Positive Earnings, Europe News Boost Market (KCG)By: InvestorGuide Staff, dated August 6th, 2012
Recent Commentary and Articles
- Home Depot May Have Been Hacked; Will the S&P 500 Reach 3000?
- Five Stocks to Watch in September
- August Named the Best Month for Stocks Since February
- Will September’s Volatile Reputation Live On?
- Splunk (SPLK) Shares Up on Better than Expected Earnings
- Apple Finalizes Sept. 9th Event; JPMorgan Victim of Very Sophisticated Cyberattack
- Could a Guess Buyout Happen?