Apple (AAPL) Finally Unveils Newest iPhone; German Court Backs Bailout Fund
Big news on Wednesday came from Europe as the German court announced their approval of the new rescue fund and budget pact, lifting market sentiment. After this announcement the euro climbed to a four-month high of $1.2936. Investors continue to look ahead to the Fed's announcement on Thursday. Also boosting stocks was the long-awaited release of the iPhone 5 by Apple (AAPL). In after hours trading the company's shares rose after unveiling its newest model. Facebook (FB) shares rose today after CEO Zuckerberg made public comments acknowledging the disappointing stock performance.Chesapeake Energy (CHK) sold $6.9 billion worth of its assets to Shell (RDS) and Chevron (CVX). Talks have surfaced that BAE Systems (BA) and Airbus are considering a merger.
Word on the Street
- It was a good day for Germany and Europe after the court backed the ESM rescue fund.
- Apple's (AAPL) thinner, taller and faster iPhone 5 is revealed.Statements released from Moody's saying the US may lose its triple-A debt rating.
- US poverty report released by the Census Bureau saying the official rate held around 15%.
- TheStreet Inc. (TST) announces deal with The Deal LLC ofr $5.8 million to expand customer base.
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) makes $6.9 billion worth of asset sales.
- The euro hits a four-month high after today's Germany's court ruling.
- Legg Mason (LM) sees shares rise after CEO Mark Fetting steps down.
- How social media reacted to Apple's (AAPL) release of the iPhone 5.
- Tips on PR from someone with over ten years of experience representing major brands.
Published on Sep 12, 2012By InvestorGuide Staff