S&P Closes at a New Record; Herbalife Beats Expectations Again (HLF, AAPL)
On Monday the S&P advanced to a record-high finish after a strong day for the technology sector. So far the index is up 1.6% for the month. Both the Nasdaq and the Dow ended the day in the green as well. Moody's Corp (MCO) and McGraw-Hill (MHP) came to a settlement over a prior lawsuit and both saw shares rise. Apple (AAPL) ticked higher on leaked news that the company may release the iPhone 5S sooner than expected and Herbalife (HLF) rose on earnings and an increase in their yearly outlook.It was reported that consumer spending in the US was lower for the month of March than expected.
Word on the Street
- Euro zone approves an additional 2.8 billion euros in loans for Greece.
- Moody's (MCO) and McGraw-Hill (MHP) settle a major lawsuit on Monday.
- Kodak strikes a deal that will help pave its way out of bankruptcy.
- US crude oil exports rise at the fastest rate in over a decade.
- D.R. Horton (DHI) Soars to a Six-Year High.
Published on Apr 29, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff