April Ends on a Positive Note for the Major Indices; Home Prices Rise (AAPL, PFE)
Strong earnings reports and economic data pushed the S&P up to another record high on Tuesday, making it the longest monthly winning streak since September of 2009. Recent statistics show that Americans are currently more optimistic about the job market and nationwide home prices rose the most in seven years in February. Both DreamWorks (DWA) and Trulia (IVZ) gained after beating Q1 expectations. Apple (AAPL) announced that they will be offering $17 billion in bonds to their shareholders and extended their positive streak for the fourth day.Oil ended below $94 a barrel and has lost about 4% total during the month of April.
Word on the Street
- Apple (AAPL) makes biggest non-bank purchase in history with $17 billion bond deal.
- New data shows home prices are growing at the fastest rate in almost seven years.
- Cyprus government approves newest EU bailout bill.
- Pfizer (PFE) reports higher profit but cuts its outlook.
- Western Union (WU) drops after reporting a decline in quarterly profit.
- The New York Times' (NYT) Bottom Line Continues Declining.
Published on Apr 30, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff