Shares Push Higher Ahead of Fed Meeting; Dollar Ends Losing Streak
The markets edged higher on Monday as many await news from the upcoming Federal Reserve's meeting regarding monetary policy plans for the US. Ahead of the meeting the dollar gained against the Japanese yen for the first time in five sesions. Facebook (FB) rose on Monday after sending out invitations for a product release on Thursday, and Netflix (NFLX) surged while securing a deal with DreamWorks (DWA). Economic reports showed that home-builder sentiment rose in June and manufacturing activity in New York expanded much more than expected.
Word on the Street
- G8 says economic prospects remain weak, urges Japan to tackle budget deficit.
- Netflix (NFLX) scores deal with DreamWorks (DWA) for an original TV series.
- Range Resources (RRC) and others in energy sector perform well on Monday.
- PVH (PVH) Soars on Strong First Quarter Results.
- Negotiations begin for EU and US leaders for a trade deal.
Published on Jun 17, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff