Did Wall Street Suffer a Post-Holiday Hangover?
[Data as of 5:15 PM] The session started off rocky, but Wall Street shook off its post-holiday hangover with a late afternoon rally. Investors seemed very encouraged by a stronger-than-expected jobs report. However, crude oil prices continued to climb in the wake of the recent political upheaval in Egypt. Oil prices hit a new yearly high at $103 per barrel. Onyx (ONXX) had a sensational day on the markets after news broke that it rejected a proposal from Amgen Inc. (AMGN). In other news, gold fell to $1,214.50 per ounce, and the dollar rose against the yen and the euro.Overall, the markets entered the weekend on a high note.
Word on the Street
- What exactly did the recent jobs report say that's making the market so bullish?
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals (ONXX) makes some noise today as its stock jumps 50%.
- Dell (DELL) stock stumbles as buyout confidence crumbles.
- Has demand peaked for Samsung's latest smartphone?
- Maserati introduces an entry-level vehicle. Should BMW be scared?
- Check out these amazing tips- score the vacation of a lifetime without breaking the bank.
- Who is protecting Earth against possible crashing asteroids?
Published on Jul 5, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff
Posted in ...Market Commentary