After the S&P set a record high yesterday – the Dow Jones, S&P, and NASDAQ all fell on Wednesday. Many investors have cited the recent mixed outcome of the stock market to big disappointments from American corporations, one being Caterpillar. Caterpillar () missed projected forecast numbers by 23 cents a share and shares fell 6%. On a positive note, Boeing ( ) noted that their recent solid commercial aircraft sales have led them to an increase of 5% in their shares. Also, Chinese stocks fell drastically creating apprehension about increasing money market rates and potentially risky bank lending situations. Oil and gold prices have both fallen 1.46% and 0.69%, respectively.
Word on the Street
- Investors not awed by Apple’s (newly released products. )
- Be on the lookout for these three stocks: Hertz ( ), Goodyear ( ) and Western Digital ( ).
- Will 2014 live up to its title as “Year of the Boom”?
- Is crowdfunding the way of the future?
- Gas prices have been falling recently, finally reach the lowest price of 2013.
- IRS Delays 2014 tax filing season in wake of the government shutdown.
- Netflix (Lower After Icahn Sale. ) Stock Sharply