Record Day for Dow and S&P 500; The Fed Continues Talks
The Dow Jones and S&P 500 both achieved record highs at the end of the afternoon session today. Nasdaq also had a good day, closing at its highest level since September 2000. Yesterday began two-day meeting of the Federal Reserve policymakers, so within the next couple days we will see the outcome of this meeting and see how it is going to affect government spending, but many are speculating that they will keep the stimulus package as is. This group has not met since September, before the 16-day government shutdown. Facebook (FB) may be making a large bid for BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY) after reports stated that the executives of these two companies met last week, which reignited that talks that Facebook could be creating their own smartphone.
Word on the Street
- Dell (DELL) is no longer public, transitioning to a privately held company.
- Twitter makes some changes to its site before releasing IPO.
- Are people really ditching cable? Cable stocks rise.
- Thomas Reuters is the next company to announce the cutting of jobs; 4500 in the coming year.
- Will JP Morgan's massive deal with the Justice Department fold?
- Consumer confidence falls...whose to blame?
- Big shakeups ahead for Boston Scientific (BSX).
Published on Oct 29, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff