October Ends on a Low Note; Oil Prices Fall Again
After a dismal morning the stocks took an even bigger turn for the worse at the end of the afternoon session. The Dow Jones, S&P 500, and Nasdaq all lost points at the conclusion of the day. After the Feds big announcement yesterday that they would continue their stimulus package, some reports have stated that the economy is starting to be on the upswing again. Which would mean that the Federal Reserve could stop spending at the same rate in three to four months time, which may have scared some investors away today. The Obamacare website is now being worked on by a veteran executive of Google (GOOG) in hopes that he along with others can fix the many problems that have plagued the site since being launched.
Word on the Street
- Will Google's (GOOG) Nexus 5 be able to complete with Apple's (AAPL) 5S?
- Treasury notes rose throughout October.
- Stock indexes close out the month on a positive note.
- U.S. jobless claim drops once again.
- 4 Stocks to keep your eye on: Range Resources (RRC), Electronic Arts (EA), Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE), Michael Kors (KORS)
- Symantec (SYMC) slides after poor second quarter earnings.
Published on Oct 31, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff