Strong Manufacturing Report Pushes Stocks Up
After a rocky day yesterday all three major indexes finished today in the green. Many stocks rose today due the the strong manufacturing report that showed manufacturing activity in October grew at its fastest rate in over two and a half years. While waiting for twitter to release its IPO this week, The Container Store released theirs and had a great day doubling their shares. Apple's (AAPL) iPad Air was released today in 42 countries and it seems to be readily available. Apple really hopes that this product will be a winner because the company continues to lose market share within the very crowded tablet market.
Word on the Street
- The Container Store has a great debut on the NYSE
- Only six people were able to enroll in Obamacare on October 1st.
- Ads are now on Instagram and they are here to stay.
- 2014 retirement limits released today by the IRS.
- Oracle's (ORCL) shareholders express concern over CEO's large paycheck.
- McKesson (MCK) acquires $8.3 billion stake in Celesio.
Published on Nov 1, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff