Another Record Day; Amazon (AMZN) & USPS Team Up
The Dow Jones once again achieved a record high at the end of the day, giving it its 35th record close of the year. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq also fared well, ending the day with gains. Not much to report today as it was Veterans Day, therefore bond traders had the day off and there were no new reports from the government on the holiday. Amazon has decided to team up with the USPS to begin delivering packages on Sundays to Amazon Prime members. The test runs will be conducted in New York City and Los Angeles. Transocean (RIG), a oil drilling company and investor Carl Icahn have come to an agreement today after months of disputes over terms.
Word on the Street
- Weak consumer confidence may lead to low sales this holiday season.
- Priceline's (PCLN) stock is now worth more than $1,100 per share.
- Gas at or under $3 is about to be the norm.
- USPS will begin delivering packages from Amazon (AMZN) on Sundays.
- Blackberry (BBRY) wants interim CEO to stick around, offered $85 million in stock options.
- Twitter (TWTR) stock lower the day after IPO.
Published on Nov 11, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff