Record Days Continue; Federal Reserve Chair Nomination by Obama
The three main indexes all finished in the green today, with the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones both achieving new closing highs. Some are citing the good day on the confirmation of Janet Yellen who has been nominated by President Obama to become the next chair of the Federal Reserve. Facebook (FB) reportedly tried to buy Snapchat for $3 billion, but Snapchat refused the offer. Extended Stay America (STAY) had a good first day on the stock market. Shares rose 16% on the first day the company became publicly traded.
Word on the Street
- Motorola (MSI) hopes a low cost smartphone will help its business.
- Why timing markets is very risky.
- Facebook (FB) deals with its Adobe (ADBE) passwords being hacked.
- Insight into the transition from Bernanke to Yellen.
- Is Google's (GOOG) Google Docs the way of the future?
- Looks like Microsoft (MSFT) is about to be the S&P 500's top performer of 2013.
- US Air (LCC) and American Airlines to form world's largest carrier.
Published on Nov 13, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff