Weaker-Than-Expected Economic Data; Zulily (ZU) IPO
PUBLISHED ON: Nov 15, 2013
Stocks continue to perform well as the S&P 500 and Dow Jones finished the week up, for the sixth straight week. Nasdaq is also on track to finish the week up for the first time in three weeks. After Twitter (TWTR) made a splash on its first day on the market a week ago, Zulily (ZU) followed suit and had a 87.5% jump in its IPO price throughout its first day. The economic data that was released today wasn't exactly what everyone was hoping for. New York's manufacturing sector reported a weaker than expected reading along with a drop in overall industrial production.
Word on the Street
- Sony's (SNE) PlayStation 4 went on sale today, consumers are excited.
- How is the American economy really recovering?
- Exxon (XOM) has a good day after Buffet invests.
- U.S. manufacturing sector displays stagnant growth.
- Zulily (ZU) IPO jumps up 92% after first day on the Nasdaq.
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) and Google halt Chromebook 11 sales.
Posted in ...Daily Market Commentary