Dow Reaches 16,000; Apple Purchases 3-D Sensor Company
The Dow Jones reached and rose above 16,000 for the first time ever as the S&P 500 neared 1,800. The Dow was the only one of the three main indexes to finish in the green at the end of trading today. Retailers are releasing their holiday deals even earlier this year and Nielsen predicts that this going to have an impact on the amount of people who are going to be shopping on Black Friday. They predict that these early offers in addition to stores opening on Thanksgiving and retailers offering similar deals online will minimize the size of the crowds that will shop in physical stores on Black Friday.
Word on the Street
- Apple (AAPL) reportedly to buy 3-D sensor company for $345 million.
- The Dow Jones trading above 16,000 for the first time ever today.
- Is the U.S. economy really doing better?
- Google (GOOG) must pay $17 million over probing allegations.
- Were you a victim of Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme? If so you may be able to get a share of $2.35 billion.
- $1.2 billion penalty assessed to MF Global by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- Zulily (ZU) rockets 88% on first day.
Published on Nov 18, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff