JP Morgan Must Pay $13 Billion; Stocks End Down
After the Dow Jones was trading above 16,000 yesterday, the three main indexes ended the day in the red. Janet Yellen, the nominee for chair of the Federal Reserve, stated that one of her top priorities is to resolve the issue that banks are "too big to fail". While this is a big task to take on, many feel that if she can solve this problem she is doing a big service to many. Home Depot, (HD) the nation's largest home-improvement retailer revealed their revenue has increased 7% throughout the past year. These numbers help show that there is continual growth and improvement in the housing market.
Word on the Street
- Best Buy's (BBY) holiday outlook appears grim, shares drop drastically.
- Apple (AAPL) looking to release a 13-inch iPad in early 2014.
- Will Bitcoin ever be considered real currency?
- Ample supply leads to crude oil prices below $93 a barrel.
- Microsoft (MSFT) and Bill Gates in no rush to announce new CEO.
- Campbell Soup (CPB) suffering as more Americans purchase more fresh foods.
- Tesla (TSLA) Motors hit with lawsuit drops to 4 month low.
Published on Nov 19, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff