Increased Number of Job Openings; S&P 500 Finishes Above 1,800
The Dow Jones finished the day above 16,000 for the second straight day as the S&P 500 finished above 1,800 for the first time ever. A couple of good economic reports were released today. The number of job openings and also the number of people hired increased in the month of September to the highest hiring level since August 2008. This shows that the economy is on the right track as the competition for jobs is decreasing. The bureau of Labor Statistics reported that unemployment rates decreased in 28 states in October. Comcast (CMCSA) wants to purchase Time Warner Cable (TWC) but there may be a few barriers in their way.
Word on the Street
- Job market improvement signaled by an increasing number of job openings.
- Is Dow 20,000 on the horizon?
- Is Comcast (CMCSA) going to buy Time Warner Cable (TWC)?
- Bitcoin receives big endorsement by Richard Branson.
- Nordstrom (JWN) to use Pinterest for input on store displays.
- Are we on the verge of another bubble? Experts weigh in.
- Jury awards Apple (AAPL) $290 million in Samsung patent suit.
Published on Nov 22, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff