Walmart Appoints New CEO; Top Executives Depart Blackberry
Nasdaq tops 4,000 for the first time in over 13 years but is unable to remain there until close of the markets. Walmart (WMT) announced today that Doug McMillion will replace CEO and President Mike Duke who recently stepped down. McMillion currently holds the title of CEO of Walmart International and first began working for Walmart in 1984 as a summer associate. Katie Couric was hired by Yahoo (YHOO) as its global anchor. This is a move by Marissa Mayer to help turn around the company by emphasizing news and video content.
Word on the Street
- J.C. Penney (JCP) no longer traded on the S&P 500.
- Walmart (WMT) names C. Douglas McMillon as new CEO.
- Apple (AAPL) acquires new technology to make Apple TV one-of-a-kind.
- Strong corporate boards may be the key to success.
- Twitter's (TWTR) stock falls below $40; social media stocks down.
- Are banks going to start charging you for your savings accounts?
- Intel (INTC) stock off 5% after lower sales forecast.
Published on Nov 25, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff