Bitcoin's Popularity Rises; Unemployment Numbers Drop
All three main indexes continued to rise throughout the day as the U.S. markets are closed tomorrow for Thanksgiving. The number of American's that are unemployed and seeking unemployment benefits dropped by 10,000 last week to 316,000. Is Bitcoin the next gold? Some investors see Bitcoin as a very comparable alternative to gold as it is becoming easier to use and its value continues to rise. The world's largest airline merger is close to being finalized as a judge signed off allowing American Airlines (AAMRQ) and U.S. Airways (LCC) to merge.
Word on the Street
- World's largest airline will form on December 9th.
- Motorola (MSI) to offer lower price Moto X's on Cyber Monday.
- U.S. job market looks to be improving, less file for unemployment aid.
- Blackberry (BBRY) beats Samsung in South African market.
- U.S. economy improved in October despite government shutdown.
- Tiffany (TIF) shares up 9% on 3Q earnings.
Published on Nov 27, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff