Microsoft Officially Acquires Nokia; Private Sector Increases Number of Jobs
Nasdaq finishes up for the first time this week while the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones finish in the red for the third straight day. Microsoft's (MSFT) acquisition of Nokia is now complete after approval by the European Union, this deal is for $7.35 billion. Reports are showing that CEO's are optimistic about the economy over the next six months. The confidence index rose to 84.5 in the fourth quarter, up from 79.1 last quarter. Advertisers have been fighting over Super Bowl ads as Fox announced that they are completely sold out of time slots.
Word on the Street
- Microsoft (MSFT) and Best Buy (BBY) reap the benefits of their partnership.
- Hiring up in certain regions of the U.S., says the Fed.
- The Pentagon to cut jobs and budget in 2014.
- Was your password on of millions that were stolen?
- Obama hopes the youth of America will still sign up for healthcare, despite site issues.
- The results are in...Apple's (AAPL) iPhone was the top searched tech device in 2013.
- Ford (F) shares down on November sales data.
Published on Dec 4, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff