Ford to Hire 5,000 in 2014 as Qualcomm Announces New CEO
After ending the week down for the most part, the Dow Jones and Nasdaq end the day up with the S&P 500 ending the day down. Microsoft (MSFT) has been searching for a new CEO for months and Steve Mollenkopf had become one of Microsoft's top choices. Unfortunately for Microsoft, Mollenkopf was promoted from COO to CEO of Qualcomm (QCOM), which will be effective in March. The fight for Time Warner Cable (TWC) continues as Charter Communications (CHTR) prepared a deal to buy Time Warner Cable for less than $135 a share.Will we now see an offer from Comcast (CMCSA)? Despite many companies announcing that they will be cutting jobs come the new year, Ford (F) recently released that they plan on hiring 5,000 more workers in 2014. Ford must be in a good position as they also announced that they will be launching 16 new or refreshed models.
Word on the Street
- Goldman Sachs (GS) named 2013 "Bank of the Year".
- Microsoft (MSFT) loses top CEO candidate to Qualcomm.
- The Fed wants to "gracefully" exit. Is this possible?
- Apple's (AAPL) iWatch expected to be released in October of 2014.
- Amazon's (AMZN) Pantry will mean more competition for Costco (COST).
- Hilton (HLT) raises $2.3 billion in IPO.
Published on Dec 13, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff