Santa Claus Rally in Full Swing as Stocks End Up
The Santa Claus rally was in full swing today after the three main indices ended the trading day in the green. As Twitter's (TWTR) stock continues to rise, many are predicting that they will experience a huge crash in 2014. Many customers are upset with Amazon (AMZN) after their Christmas packages didn't arrive in time, even though they ordered in time. Amazon is placing the blame on UPS (UPS). UPS has been issuing many apologies stating that they took on more overnight packages than that they could deliver thus creating a backlog, along with the bad weather created many delays in delivering packages on time.Southwest (LUV) decided to look outside the company for new flight attendants for the first time since 2011 and received a surge of applications. Over ten thousand people applied in two hours and five minutes for only 750 job openings.
Word on the Street
- U.S. jobless claim falls once again - by 42,000.
- In the days leading up to Christmas Amazon (AMZN) sold 426 items per second.
- Who's fault is it that your Christmas packages didn't arrive in time?
- DirecTV (DTV) and Dish (DISH) will increase prices again in 2014.
- Google (GOOG) is 2013's most talked-about company.
- Twitter (TWTR) stock up 8.4%, analysts caution.
Published on Dec 26, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff