Best Year for the Stock Market Since 1997
As the year comes to an end the stock market wrapped up with its best year since 1997. This year may signal that the recession after the 2008 financial crisis is finally coming to a close as the economy continues to grow and expand. Consumer confidence also continued to grow in the latter part of the year. Target's (TGT) issues seem to be piling up. After announcing a couple of weeks ago that a major security breach occurred in their stores they now announced that nearly 40,000 gift cards were not activated properly in their latest glitch.Netflix (NFLX) is set to lower prices for monthly subscriptions to better compete with Amazon (AMZN) streaming video subscription through Amazon Prime in early 2014. As 2013 comes to a close, it will be interesting to see what the stock market has in store for us in 2014.
Word on the Street
- Only 25% of unemployed Americans are receiving unemployment benefits now.
- Gas prices expected to drop even lower in 2014.
- Apple (AAPL) denies rumors that it worked with the NSA.
- Zappos to change management style.
- Google (GOOG) and Uber to team up to create new delivery vehicle?
- Is Sony (SNE) going to launch a Windows Phone in 2014?
- Boeing (BA) warns on 777X wing manufacture.
Published on Dec 31, 2013By InvestorGuide Staff