Worst Opening Day Since 2008; Snapchat Experiences Security Breach
PUBLISHED ON: Jan 2, 2014
The stocks end down on the first day of trading in 2014, experiencing its worst opening trading day of the year since 2008. Ford (F) is creating a car that will be able to run on solar energy. Ford will unveil the concept version of the C-Max Solar Energi at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. After Fiat announced that it come to an agreement to buy all of Chrysler's remaining shares, its stock soared up 16.4% to close at $9.54 per share. Fiat will outright own 100% of Chrysler after the deal is complete. It was reported today that the number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits dropped 2,000 last week to around 339,000.It seems that more security hacks are in our future. Snapchat revealed that the personal information for 4.6 million Snapchat users was compromised. But many are speculating that these security breaches are going to be more common in 2014.
Word on the Street
- Is Apple (AAPL) struggling to make the iWatch?
- Fiat has now taken complete ownership of Chrysler.
- Snapchat suffers from major hack...can it recover?
- Blackberry (BBRY) ends partnership with "Global Creative Director" Alicia Keys.
- BRIC countries didn't produce as much as expected.
- Five stocks to watch in 2014.