Car Sales Up in 2013 as Stocks End Mixed
On the second day of trading for 2014 the stocks end the day mixed. Despite General Motors (GM) reporting that their December sells fell 6.3%, they closed 2013 with sales up 7.3%. Ford (F) had its best year since 2006 with its sales rising 2% in December. Chrysler also also had a good month with their sales up 6% in December. General Mills (GIS) announced yesterday that they will stop using genetically modified ingredients to make its Cheerios cereal.This change by General Mills may influence other large food makers to follow suit. The Consumer Electronics Show will take place next week but companies are already rolling out some previews of what to expect. Fuhu announced that it will unveil its new tablet for kids at the show. Fuhu has teamed up with DreamWorks Animation (DWA) to make this tablet even better than the previous one.
Word on the Street
- The Fed continues to be committed to the stimulus.
- Google's (GOOG) are even giving up on Google Glass.
- What to look out for at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show.
- AT&T (T) trying to lure T-Mobile (TMUS) customers with $450.
- American Airlines (AAL) employees vote to keep the logo the same.
- FireEye (FEYE) rockets on Mandiant acquisition.
Published on Jan 3, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff