Stocks end down today as they continue to struggle in the new year; the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq have yet to even post a gain in 2014. JPMorgan (JPM) is expected to have to pay a penalty of $2B for their role in Benard Madoff’s Ponzi scheme. They will have to pay as early as tomorrow to settle civil and criminal lawsuits against the company. the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show has begun in Las Vegas, showing off some of the most innovative electronic inventions ever. Google (GOOG) revealed at the CES that they will be partnering with NVIDIA (NVDA) and multiple car companies to bring Android to your car. This partnership will allow many programers the opportunity to create apps that will be tailored for in-car use.
Word on the Street
- Snapchat hires its first lobbyists after huge breach.
- The 2014 Consumer Electronics Show has begun.
- Zynga will soon accept Bitcoins for in-game purchases.
- Soon you will be able to book a hotel room through OnStar live.
- Apple (AAPL) buys Snappycam, a popular photography app.
- T-Mobile (TMUS) to improve U.S. cellular service through purchases of spectrum licenses.
- Men’s Warehouse (MW) raises bid for Jos. A. Bank Clothiers.