The Fed Releases December Minutes; 238,000 Private Sector Jobs Added in December
The stocks end mixed today as the Dow Jones finished with a 71 point dip. Macy's (M) announced that as part of restructuring their business in 2014 they will be laying off approximately 2,500 workers. It was revealed that private firms added around 238,000 jobs in December, further improving the economy. The Federal Reserve released the minutes from its December meeting today. The minutes revealed that many were split between not wanting to taper at all, while others were pushing for more drastic tapering measures. Barnes & Noble (BKS) has a new CEO.The company promoted the head of its Nook business, Michael Huseby to CEO, effective immediately. The search for Microsoft's (MSFT) CEO continues as one of the top candidates Alan Mulally, the current CEO of Ford (F), announced that he will not be leaving Ford this year.
Word on the Street
- Polar Vortex costs airlines up to $100 million.
- The Federal Reserve released its minutes from the December meeting.
- Will Blackberry's (BBRY) CEO turn the company around.
- Want a job at Goldman Sachs (GS)? Read this first.
- Biz Stone creates a social network to answer all your questions.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) up on Deutsche Bank upgrade.
Published on Jan 8, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff