Mixed 4Q Earnings Reports Deliver Mixed Stocks
Stocks end mixed today after the U.S. markets were closed yesterday for MLK day. The stocks continue to end mixed after companies are continuing to release their 4Q earnings report, which also reveal mixed results. It looks like Wall Street will be favoring the Seattle Seahawks this year to win the Super Bowl based on the "Super Bowl indicator". The theory states that the stock market will post a gain for the year if a team from the NFC wins the big game. The indicator has been correct for 37 of the past 47 years. An arrest has been made in connection to Target's (TGT) security breach.While two Mexican citizens have been arrested with 96 fraudulent credit cards, questions continue to arise over who is actually responsible for this major security breach.
Word on the Street
- Delta (DAL) raises fares, stocks increase.
- Verizon (VZ) dives deeper into the television business with new deal.
- Fiat now owns 100% of Chrysler.
- Volkswagon releases Super Bowl commercial teaser.
- Bosch pays SolarWorld $175 million to take over is solar subsidiary.
- Did Microsoft (MSFT) really pay for Xbox One praise?
- BlackBerry (BBRY) stock rockets on DOD deal.
Published on Jan 21, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff