1.1M Impacted by Neiman Marcus Hack; NFLX's Shares Rise 14%
Stocks dropped sharply today after investors reacted to additional signs of a slowdown in China. Despite Icahn's efforts and recommendations that eBay (EBAY) spin off PayPal into its own company, eBay rejected the idea. But some analysts are optimistic that this spin off may occur in the future if there is value to his recommendation. Neiman Marcus announced that their stores along with Last Call stores were hacked by malicious software. The company announced today that approximately 1.1 million cards were hacked and may be compromised.2013 was the best year yet for Netflix (NFLX). Their shares were up 14% today after announcing that they experienced a six-fold jump in net profits in 4Q, in addition to adding 2.3 million subscribers in the fourth quarter.
Word on the Street
- Neiman Marcus security breach impacts 1.1 million customers.
- Apple (AAPL) is expected to release two new iPhones in 2014.
- 2015 U.S. budget to be released on March 4th.
- Can the Pentagon save BlackBerry (BBRY)?
- Google (GOOG) is looking at adopting Bitcoin as a payment method.
- Toyota (TM) is once again named the world's top-selling automaker.
- eBay (EBAY) releases earnings, Icahn pushes to spinoff PayPal.
Published on Jan 23, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff