Stocks continued to struggle today after last weeks big market sell-off. Southwest (LUV) announced today that they have plans to fly internationally. Beginning in July of 2014, Southwest will begin to offer flights to 3 Caribbean beach cities. But this is just the beginning, buy the end of the year Southwest plans to have flights to 96 additional cities in six different countries. Despite the volatility of the stock market recently, the Federal Reserve is set on continuing its tapering plans. They are set to meet this week and it is expected that they will agree on another $10 billion taper to its bond-purchase program. Ford (F) believes that its Focus compact is the world’s best selling car. This is the second year that Ford has made this claim, much to the dismay of Toyota (TM) who believes its Corolla is the world’s best selling car.
Word on the Street
- The Fed will not pause tapering even with market volatility.
- Could Apple’s (AAPL) next iPhone be solar powered.
- Are “connected cars” less safe?
- CEO of Bitcoin exchange BitInstant arrested for money laundering.
- Microsoft (MSFT) now wholly owns “Gears of War” franchise.
- New home sales drop in December.
- Google (GOOG) to buy DeepMind, signs licensing deal with Samsung.