Budweiser Receives Super Bowl Ad Praise; Dow Falls 326 Points
The Dow Jones dropped 326 points as the three main U.S. indices end the trading day down. After seeing many new and exciting commercials last night during the Super Bowl it seems like the fan favorite ad belongs to Budweiser's (BUD) "Puppy Love" commercial. Budweiser, along with Doritos possess the top 4 spots in the Ad Meter results. After the dip in gas prices at the end of last year it seems like gas prices are on the rise once again. It is reported that gas is over $3 in all 50 states. It has been 10 years since Mark Zuckerberg first created Facebook (FB) while attending Harvard University.Over the past 10 years Facebook has become one of the top social networks and has more than 1.23 billion members worldwide. Car brands revealed mixed results in January. Chrysler's sales were up 8% last month while General Motors (GM) and Ford's (F) sales were both down, citing that the polar vortex had a large impact on the number of automobiles sold in January.
Word on the Street
- Airlines lost up to $150 million during January due to winter weather.
- How realistic are McDonald's (MCD) sustainability plans?
- Which Super Bowl ad was named the favorite?
- IBM (IBM) top executives forgo 2013 bonuses.
- Bernanke has new position at Brookings.
- Are these the actual details of Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 6?
- Jos. A. Bank (JOSB) rejects Men's Warehouse bid, in talks with Eddie Bauer.
Published on Feb 3, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff