Microsoft Names New CEO as Stocks Rebound
Stocks rebounded today after posting its worst start in February in over 80 years. After months of anticipation Microsoft (MSFT) has finally named its new CEO, Satya Nadella. Nadella becomes Microsoft’s third CEO it is 39-year history after working for the company for the past 22 years. Michael Kors has become a billionaire today after his company, Michael Kors (KORS), shares rose 18% to $90.68, beating profit expectations. Despite producing a popular Super Bowl commercial, Radio Shack (RSH) has announced that it will be closing 500 of its 4,500 stores in hopes of updating its image.
Word on the Street
- After months of searching, Microsoft (MSFT) names its new CEO.
- Will Obamacare lead to a smaller workforce?
- Rubicon files for an IPO.
- Can JCPenny (JCP) be considered a penny stock?
- Live streaming record set by the Super Bowl broadcast.
- Will Apple’s (AAPL) iWatch be a big hit?
- Yum! Brands (YUM) profit beats estimates.
Published on Feb 4, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff