Obamacare Enrollment Increases; Home Depot to Hire 80,000
Stocks end mixed the day after the Dow Jones achieved a 4-day rally. Congress decided to suspend the debt limit until March of 2015. The vote strictly aligned with party lines, with the Democrats supporting it while the Republicans voted in opposition. More Americans are enrolling in Obamacare as the number has reached 3.3 million as of February 1st. While these are encouraging numbers there are still many Americans who have not signed up for health insurance yet and open enrollment ends in a little over a month, on March 31st. Home Depot (HD) plans on hiring up to 80,000 seasonal workers as spring nears.
Word on the Street
- U.S. posted a budget deficit of $10 billion last month.
- PayPal CEO urges employees to use their product.
- Home Depot (HD) plans on adding 80,000 seasonal workers.
- Apple (AAPL) may partner with Time Warner Cable (TWC) for Apple TV.
- Amazon (AMZN) hiring 2,500 workers at shipment centers.
- Is Microsoft (MSFT) about to admit defeat to Android.
- Sprint (S) up on improved 4th quarter results.
Published on Feb 12, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff