Best Weekly Gains of 2014; Customers Wary of New Cable Deal
All three main indices end up today posting the best weekly gains of 2014. Weight Watchers (WTW) shares fell 27% today as fewer people are enrolling in health management programs, opting for weight-loss apps on smartphones. Campbell Soup (CPB) reported that their fiscal second quarter earnings rose as sales of snacks is steadily increasing. Its canned soups sales increased too, just not at the same pace as its snack food brands. Yesterday, Comcast (CMCSA) announced that they will be purchasing Time Warner Cable (TWC). Now, many consumers are worried that the merging of these two companies will bring higher prices with lower customer service as both companies are known for having low customer satisfaction.
Word on the Street
- Obama believes minimum wage and immigration reform are top priorities.
- Customers worry about price increases with Time Warner's (TWC) new deal.
- Jos. A.
- Why did Carl Ichan change his mind in regards to Apple's (AAPL) buyback situation?
- U.S. factory output fell in January due to poor weather conditions.
- JC Penney (JCP) hires a new CFO.
- Weight Watchers (WTW) stock pummeled after earnings.
Published on Feb 14, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff