An Apple-Tesla iCar May Be Created; Consequences of Raising the Minimum Wage
U.S. stocks end mixed after being closed yesterday for President's Day. Tesla's (TSLA) shares rose today, achieving a record high, as rumors swirl about Tesla Motor's CEO meeting with Apple's (AAPL) acquisition chief. Rumors have existed for almost a year that Apple is interested in purchasing Tesla Motors to acquire CEO Elon Musk who could help lead innovation at Apple. Only time will tell if we are going to see these two companies merge into one. Despite good intentions in raising the minimum wage, there could be some dire consequences.The Congressional Budget Office estimated that if the U.S. were to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 approximately 500,000 jobs would be cut. The CBO proposes that one option would be to raise the minimum wage to $9, then only 100,000 jobs would be cut.
Word on the Street
- What will be the defining moment of Yellen's term?
- Samsung's S5 will have an even bigger screen.
- The maker of Candy Crush Saga applies for an IPO.
- Apple (AAPL) set to make "smart" earbuds.
- Majority of customers think the Time Warner Cable (TWC) deal is a bad idea.
- Internet connected cars are the way of the future.
- Forest Labs (FRX) to be taken over by Actavis for 25B.
Published on Feb 18, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff