Amazon Prime Cost May Increase in the US; UA's Shares Jump Higher
The three main benchmarks in the U.S closed down today due to volatile trading. Is Amazon (AMZN) about to raise their Amazon Prime price in the U.S.? Amazon raised its prime prices in Europe by 64% and some think that these increases will eventually come to the United States. Despite Under Armour (UA) being the scapegoat for the U.S. failing to medal in a speedskating event, Under Armour announced today that they plan to double their sponsorship for the speedskating team for the next eight years.Throughout the Olympics Under Armour repeatedly stood by their speedskating suits saying they are the fastest in the industry. Investors loved this news and Under Armour's shares rose 4.5% in afternoon trading.
Word on the Street
- The Fed releases transcripts of 2008 meetings.
- Blackberry (BBRY) hopes that you will start using BBM.
- Winter weather hit small business hard.
- Verizon (VZ) now has complete control over its cellphone business.
- Under Armour (UA) to continue U.S. speedskating team sponsorship.
- Groupon (GRPN) off on earnings, weaker forecast.
Published on Feb 21, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff