Stocks Rally; Ford and Blackberry May Be Teaming Up
After finishing down for most of last week the stocks rallied today and all finished in the green, with the S&P 500 falling just short of a record. One of the helicopter units of United Technologies Corp (UTX), Sikorsky Aircraft, announced that they will be laying off around 600 workers in the coming weeks. The company cites "challenging and unstable economic conditions" as the driving factor for cutting jobs. Ford (F) may be ditching Microsoft (MSFT) in favor of Blackberry (BBRY). Ford is looking to save money on its Sync in-car connectivity systems and thinks that Blackberry may be a more affordable option.
Word on the Street
- Taco Bell is now in the breakfast industry.
- Netflix (NFLX) and Comcast (CMCSA) partner up.
- Online learning platform 2U applies for an IPO.
- Did AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ) have an opportunity to buy WhatsApp?
- Southwest (LUV) turns down free spots at Reagan.
- Chesapeake (CHK) considering sale of oil services division.
Published on Feb 24, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff