Jobs Report Shows Hiring Picked Up in February
After rallying early, the U.S. stocks end the work week mixed with the S&P 500 ending the day with another record close. While the February jobs report showed that hiring picked up more than expected, there is a caveat - economists were forecasting much weaker numbers due to the harsh winter weather. But overall the jobs report does show that the recovery process is back on track, but it is slow and steady. Coupons.com (COUP) had a great IPO debut as its shares were up nearly 100% throughout the day. But Coupons.com wasn't the only company who debuted its IPO today, Aquinox Pharmaceuticals (AQXP) and Recro Pharma (REPH) both began publicly trading shares on Friday.
Word on the Street
- US's winter weather damages estimated at $5 billion so far.
- Coupons.com (COUP) shares were up 100% during its IPO debut.
- Ford (F) brings some jobs back to America.
- Boeing (BA) ends pensions, impacts 68,000.
- Sony's (SNE) American CEO is stepping down at the end of March.
- FireEye (FEYE) prices follow-on offering.
Published on Mar 7, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff