The Dow falls over 200 points to end down for the fourth straight day. Geopolitical and economic risks abroad seem to be the cause of this drastic drop. McDonald’s (MCD) has multiple class-action lawsuits currently filed against them. Workers in three different states are suing the fast food company over wage theft violations after not being paid for all the hours that they worked. Despite the continued harsh weather, retail sales rebounded slightly in February, up 0.3%. This is the first retail sales gain in three months. The job market seems to be slowly picking up after the winter slump as unemployment applications fell by 9,000 last week. General Motors (GM) isn’t the only company recalling automobiles. Chrysler announced recalls on a small number of Fiat, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles.
Word on the Street
- Gas prices continue to rise, above $4 for premium in 8 states.
- Google (GOOG) decides to split stock beginning April 2.
- Will Apple’s (AAPL) iPhone 6 cost $299?
- Will Alibaba choose to release IPO in New York?
- Did Target (TGT) know about breach for 12 days before reporting it?
- Amazon (AMZN) raises prime cost in America.
- FTC launches probe on Herbalife (HLF).