Apple Unlikely to Release 12.9" iPad; Aeropostale Continues to Struggle
Stocks closed down once again, which is the fifth straight day in a row for the Dow Jones. After recently raising the Amazon (AMZN) Prime cost in Europe, it was only a matter of time until the price was also raised in the US. Amazon has decided to raise the yearly price by $20 to $99. Despite this increase, Amazon believes that it won't scare off many customers. Struggling teen clothing retailer, Aeropostale (ARO) woes continue. Today it's shares fell to an 11-year low of $5.99 and they also announced that they plan on closing 40-50 stores this year, they also plan on closing a total number of 175 stores over the next couple of years.Despite many rumors, it seems unlikely that Apple (APPL) will be releasing a larger 12.9" iPad this year. Even if the larger iPad happens to make an appearance later this year, shipment numbers will be really low.
Word on the Street
- Obama believes Obamacare is working the way it should.
- Over 300 killed in crashes by GM's (GM) recalled vehicles.
- Has Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 6 already lost?
- Castlight's (CSLT) shares jump 139% during IPO debut.
- The unemployment extension decision is still up in the air.
- Aeropostale (ARO) falls to an 11-year low.
- Amazon (AMZN) Prime cost increased by $20.
Published on Mar 14, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff