GM Issues 3 More Recalls; Apple Developing Healthbook App
The Dow Jones ends in the green after ending down all of last week. All three of the U.S. stock indices ended up as investors are seeming to disregard the weekend vote in Crimea. The automobile recall woes seem to continue. General Motors (GM) has issued 3 new recalls, not related to the recent ignition switch recall. Honda (HMC) has also issued a large recall of its popular minivan, the Odyssey. Honda is recalling around 900,000 Odyssey's due to a defect that could increase the risk of fire.Rumors continue about Apple's (AAPL) newest iPhone release date along with some of its new features. Reportedly, Apple is working on a Healthbook app that maybe available with the release of iOS 8.
Word on the Street
- Unemployment rates in January are mostly down.
- Yellen faces first real leadership test on Wednesday.
- Google's (GOOG) GChat was down during parts of today.
- Apple (AAPL) may be releasing 8GB version of iPhone 5C.
- Icahn suggests that Google (GOOG) should buy eBay (EBAY).
- Intercept (ICPT) announces positive results for liver drug trial.
Published on Mar 17, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff