"Starbucks Evenings" Expanding; Existing-Home Sales Fall
Stocks rebounded today after falling significantly yesterday, with the S&P 500 nearing a record close. Starbucks (SBUX) doesn't want to only be a staple in the morning but it also wants to be a place where you can hang out after work for happy hour. Starbucks COO announced today that they have plans to expand "Starbucks Evenings" to thousands of locations throughout the United States. They will be offering bougie snacks and alcoholic beverages to entice customers. Existing-home sales fell to its weakest point in over 19 months.Many are blaming the harsh winter weather along with higher interest rates for the falling real estate market. There may finally be signs of recovery in the labor market as the number of Americans who filed new unemployment claims was less than expected.
Word on the Street
- Yellen believes there is no reason to change the monetary course.
- Amazon (AMZN) is joining the streaming video device market.
- Airbnb is almost worth more than Hyatt Hotels (H).
- Starbucks (SBUX) will start start selling alcohol.
- Will ads be on sports jerseys soon?
- Icahn wants eBay (EBAY) to take a portion of PayPal public.
- ExOne (XONE) reports quarterly loss.
Published on Mar 20, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff