BMW is Expanding SC Plant; Ford CEO Gets 11% Raise
Despite the rocky start to U.S. indices this year, many traders believe that the bull market has not ended and will continue. Out of all the traders surveyed by Charles Schwab, 42% say that they do believe that the bull market will not end until sometime in 2015. This shows that some investors are continuing to remain positive about the future. BMW will be expanding its current South Carolina plant to enable it to produce a new crossover SUV. The luxury automobile maker will be putting in over $1 billion into the plant and will be adding an additional 800 jobs, which will expand the plant's annual production capacity by 50%.Ford's (F) CEO got a large raise for sticking around the auto company instead of relocating to the open Microsoft (MSFT) CEO position. Alan Mulally received an 11% raise in 2013 to boost his salary to $23.2 million.
Word on the Street
- Why can't Twitter (TWTR) hold on to its new users?
- Mozilla's employees are urging their CEO to resign.
- McDonald's (MCD) giving away free coffee for 2 weeks.
- BMW has big plans for its South Carolina factory.
- Will there be a tax for streaming video?
- Pinterest will roll out ads next quarter.
- Intel (INTC) takes big stake in Cloudera.
Published on Mar 28, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff