Ford Recalls 435,000 Vehicles; Stocks End Down for Third Straight Day
The stock slump continues as U.S. stocks fall for the third straight day, with Nasdaq falling 1.2%. Ford (F) now joins the automobile recall wave as it announced that it is recalling 435,00 vehicles. Ford has two separate recalls, one to fix rusty frame parts and the other to replace seat back frames that weren't welded properly. Virgin America was named the top overall performer according to the annual airline quality report, followed by JetBlue (JBLU). The survey evaluated the 15 biggest airline carriers in the United States.The airlines who placed lower in this survey were "punished" by investors today, as they all ended the day down.
Word on the Street
- Virgin America named top airline performer.
- Twitter (TWTR) will be purchasing Cover.
- Nearly 1/2 a million vehicles recalled by Ford (F).
- Apple (AAPL) has $159 billion of cash on hand.
- Maryland raises its minimum wage to $10.10.
- 31 bidders show interest in Sbarro Pizza.
- GrubHub (GRUB) up over 30 percent in Initial Public Offering.
Published on Apr 7, 2014By InvestorGuide Staff